Thursday, July 3, 2008

A new month, a new blog!

Hey yall!
No worries, I am still alive and breathing! No diarrhea episodes yet--knocking on wood! We are twiteling down on the number of people who can still say that. Anywho so I left the US a month ago tomorrow for this adventure...its gone so fast really, only 26 more...I feel like I am practically home! Everyday is a new adventure, and I have learned so much since my last post! First, Ive picked up a couple hobbies in my little spare time: 1) Knitting--I am working on my first scarf, its a beauty, cant wait to show ya! 2) Guitar playing-- yup! thats right, I now play the guitar (mas o menos) but I do have the help of two avid players and purchased a very nice classical slightly smaller than 3/4ths size guitar (for a whopping $40 including case, book, strap, pick) ---oh, and dont worry, this will be followed by singing lessons as well as soon as I get back in that U S of A. 3) learning how to farm both normally and organically, and 4) trout farming, thats right, I can raise my own trout farm now...what you think about that? Thanks government funding for these incredible new talents! This is just the first month! Just imagine after 26 more, you guys wont even know what to do with me. So Ive had a couple questions about what I am doing here so Ill explain. I am living in a small town called Huescaran with a wonderful family pictured below. I will be living here for 3 months (until Aug. 22). During this time, I am training and learning better spanish, and Peruvian business trades. I attend school/training in the small town of Chaclacayo which is a 15min walk from my house. I hand wash my own panties, socks and bras. This town is about an hour and a half from Lima, the capital of Peru. After Aug. 22, I will be send to a different part of Peru, probably at least 10 hours away from here to live with a small, rural town and new family and new life for 2 years helping with business development!! Its kinda scary not going to lie...Its def going to be an emotional roller coaster. Anywho, with the support of all of yall that love me and can accompany me through my loneliest times in life –I think I can do it. I will make a change, if only just a little, in this crazy world down here. Peace.
I MISS YOU ALL!!!! xoxo

No comments: